Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Lester's Weather Forecast

Next Week's Weather for Kent, 1st until 7th July

When all the weather stats are in, I believe that it will have been one of the top 10 wettest Junes in Kent. We are on the way to having 100mm/3.97 inches of rain this month.

Our Summer is turning out to be very disappointing, especially after 18th June. It has been quite chilly for the time of year. Counties bordering Scotland have had a fine spell of weather with temperatures in the low 20°c's. Our weather is set to remain a bit 'iffy' as low pressure remains to the west of the UK, despite the pressure over Kent being relatively high.

THURSDAY should be dry. Cloud will break to give sunny spells. Winds will be northerly and light, with temperatures average at 22°c/72°.

FRIDAY - The odd shower cannot be ruled out, but we should all see some spells of sunshine. Winds will be southerly at 6mph inland with temperatures remaining around 22°c/72°f.

SATURDAY - There could be a risk of a thundery downpour, but there should be sunny spells that will become humid. This will add to the risk of a local thunderstorm. Temperatures will be up to 23°c/73°f. The wind will be almost calm and southerly.

SUNDAY - More risk of showers, and it will be mostly cloudy in a light westerly breeze of 4 - 8mph. There will be temperatures of 21°c/70°f.

MONDAY to WEDNESDAY - There will be longer dry spells and more in the way of sunshine than we have seen in the past week. Most days will have temperatures in the low 20°c's, not brilliant for our warmest month of the year. If you have friends or relatives in British Colombia, extreme heat is killing many elderly people with underlying health conditions. A place called Lytton in British Colombia has reached an all time high temperature for Canada of 49.6°c/121.28°f. The skiing resort Whistler never got past 35°c/95°f until Sunday 27th, when it soared to 42°c/107.6°f. I think that I'd rather keep our damp Summer, which will improve.